Butler - 1994 Range Rover Classic County LWB

Moderators: Jarek M, ini88

Butler - 1994 Range Rover Classic County LWB

Postby Coniston » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:49 pm

The whole "Fixing Spenny Up" project is on major hold. There's just too much rust work to deal with right now. I have a welder, but it's beyond my scope right now.

In September, I'm heading down to Atlanta to get another RRC LWB, a parts truck from a shop down there with no rust and a blown engine. I'm going to swap in my engine from Spenny, get the truck running with parts from both, and lay up Spenny for a future trail rig project in a year or two.

Being from Atlanta, a name from Gone with the Wind is a must, so I've named this one after Rhett Butler.

Even though the forum is kind of dead, I'll put some updates in here for a nice archive. :)
Greg
Duncan: 1994 Discovery 1
Butler: 1994 Range Rover Classic County LWB
Spenny: 1993 Range Rover Classic/Series IIA 108" Station Wagon Hybrid Project
Coniston
Master Mechanic

Vehicle(s): 1994 D1, 1994 RRC LWB, 1993 RRC/108" IIA Hybrid Project

Re: Butler - 1994 Range Rover Classic County LWB

Postby Coniston » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:59 pm

So I got Butler in September, a journey best documented on my blog:

http://www.gregfitzgerald.net/bringing- ... ounty-lwb/

The truck's in good shape. A few tiny rust holes in the driver's floor from the saturated floor mats soaking it. I'm not sure what took it off the road, so I've started tearing down the engine to investigate. Slow progress -- it's dark and hard to work after I come home, and so much of the late summer and fall was lost with all the rainy days (especially weekends).

My friend who sourced it has the theory that it needed a new vacuum line was all. Let's see. Pulling the heads to see what's what, changing the gaskets in all of it, and then have to fix some wiring that was cut up when this was a parts truck.

All of it is taking longer than I hoped, alas. Hope is to get it movable by the end of the year so I can work on the cosmetics in the garage at least. Duncan really needs work soon, so I want to hustle it somewhat.
Greg
Duncan: 1994 Discovery 1
Butler: 1994 Range Rover Classic County LWB
Spenny: 1993 Range Rover Classic/Series IIA 108" Station Wagon Hybrid Project
Coniston
Master Mechanic

Vehicle(s): 1994 D1, 1994 RRC LWB, 1993 RRC/108" IIA Hybrid Project

Return to Builds